Monday 10 August 2009

My new car

Unlike a lot of rural JETs my house is so rurally-placed there are no buses or trains at all nearby, so today I opened a rent-account with a local garage. My new car is an automatic silver Mitsubishi Lancer (see pic).

The transaction itself was an experience! Picture four Japanese people with limited English skills trying to convert a Japanese contract for a guy who doesn't know any 'business' Japanese... it was surreal in a way, but we all thankfully saw the funny side of it.

To my delight I discovered the payments I'm now making cover collision insurance, tax, shaken (2-yr MOT), tyre changes (for winter driving) and general maintenance. I'm just glad I only had to sign one lot of papers.

So finally I have some freedom. Iida City here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment